Privacy Notice: Last Revised: June 18, 2020
When we collect your Personal Information - The Brock University Campus Store regards the privacy of all users as of utmost importance. Your personal information may be collected through an in-person meeting with a Campus Store service staff, over the phone, using our third party online sales and inventory management tool to manage sales, and through paper or electronic documents. We recognize the need for you to control the use and management of your own personal information. By personal information we mean information that can be used to identify or contact an individual. This may include, a first and last name, a physical address, an email address, a student identification number, or a phone number. If you are visiting our site to browse or find information about the Brock University Campus Stores products or services, you do not need to provide any personal information. If you decide to make a purchase, however, we may collect this information so that we can provide you with the product or service you requested.
What is the purpose of collecting your Personal Information - We collect Personal Information from you to:
create, manage, and maintain a unique user account and profile on our Brock University Campus Store website for you to register or purchase our products and services
process your purchase orders for our products and services
to respond to your customer service inquiries and requests for information
better understand your preferences and provide you with newsletters and other tailored offers if you opt in to receive them
conduct analyses and evaluations to improve our Brock University Campus Stores website, products, services, and marketing communications
to post your comments or statements on our websites and social media platforms
to maintain appropriate records for internal administrative purposes
We also collect information that is publicly available, to the extent permitted by applicable law. For example, we may collect information you submit to a blog, a chat room, or a social network like Facebook, Instagram, Twitter or Google My Business.
Our website makes use of various technologies to collect information about types and versions of internet browsers used when accessing our website. This information, and information about internet IP addresses, as well as date and time web pages are visited are stored in various security and traffic logs. We review these logs, using statistical analysis, in an effort to track and predict traffic patterns and estimate resource needs. Unless we are tracking a technical problem, or we suspect either fraudulent behavior or illegal conduct we do not trace specific user sessions.
By consenting to our collection, use, and disclosure of your Personal Information through your use of the Brock University Campus Store website (including any products and services available on the Brock University Campus Store website), you will allow us to fulfill the purposes for which we collect your Personal Information, as described above or communicated to you at the time of information collection.
How we will inform you of any Privacy Practice Changes - We may modify our practices from time to time, or otherwise update these Privacy Practices at any time, so we encourage you to review these Privacy Practices from time to time. The current version of this Privacy Practice will be posted here on the Brock University Campus Stores website at all times. Please check back frequently to see any updates or changes. Your continued use of the Brock University Campus Store website following the posting of any changes means you agree to be bound by such changes.
When we disclose your Personal Information - We do not disclose your Personal Information to third parties without your consent unless required or permitted by applicable law. Access to your personal information is limited to only those who need access to do their job or as otherwise permitted under FIPPA
We will not rent, sell, loan, or otherwise market your Personal Information to any third party. We do not disclose your personal information if other information will serve the purpose of the disclosure, and only disclose as much information as is necessary to meet the purpose.
There are some situations in which we may disclose your Personal Information without your consent. For example:
when we are required or authorized by law to do so, for example if a court issues a subpoena
when the services we are providing to you require us to give your information to a third party your consent will be implied, unless you tell us otherwise
when we believe we need to disclose information to protect our rights, or the rights of others, property, or to enforce this Privacy Practice of the Brock University Campus Store website, including where it is necessary to establish or collect amounts owed to us
if the information is public record information specified by regulation and the disclosure is directly related to the purposes for which it was recorded on the public record
Occasionally, we may use service providers located outside of Canada to process and/or store Personal Information for us. Please note that Personal Information in the custody of these service providers may be subject to access by the law enforcement authorities of those jurisdictions in which the service providers are located. For further information about the Campus Store’s privacy practices regarding service providers located outside of Canada and further information about how these service providers collect, use, disclose, or store personal information on our behalf, see below.
How we secure your Personal Information - The protection of your privacy is integral to the delivery of our service and embedded into the culture of the University. Consequently, we have implemented a comprehensive approach to safeguard your Personal Information, including the implementation of privacy policies, procedures, privacy training for all Brock employees, and confidentiality agreements with consultants and contractors to minimize the risk of unauthorized access to your Personal Information..
Contact Us-Please direct any questions to the following address:
1812 Sir Isaac Brock Way
St. Catharines, ON
905-688-5550, ext. 3237
Use of the Brock University Campus Store website (the "Site") and the content contained herein (the "Site") is governed by the terms of this Agreement (the "Agreement") between you and Brock Univeristy Campus Store ("Bookstore"). Your use of this Site constitutes your unconditional agreement to be bound by the terms of this Agreement.
If you do not agree with the terms and conditions of this Agreement, you must immediately cease using this Site.
1. The Site is subject to protection under copyrights, trademarks and/or other intellectual property rights owned, controlled or licensed by Bookstore and its affiliates or by third parties. These rights are protected by common law, state laws, and U.S. and international laws. Bookstore expressly reserves all rights, titles, and interests in and to all copyrights, trade names, logos, patents and other intellectual property and proprietary rights in and to the Site, including but not limited to any images, photographs, animations, video, audio, music, text, and "applets"; the overall "look and feel", processes, software, technology, and other materials which appear on this Site; and the business processes used to market products and services. You agree that your rights are limited to those granted herein, and you will not acquire any rights except as expressly set forth in this Agreement.
2. You are prohibited from violating or attempting to violate the security of the Site, including, without limitation, (a) accessing data not intended for your use or logging onto a server or an account which you are not authorized to access; (b) attempting to probe, scan or test the vulnerability of a system or network or to breach security or authentication measures without proper authorization; (c) attempting to interfere with service to any user, host or network, including without limitation, via means of submitting a virus to the Site, overloading, "flooding," "spamming," "mailbombing" or "crashing;" or (d) sending unsolicited email, including promotions and/or advertising of products or services. Violations of system or network security may result in civil or criminal liability.
3. The Site may contain robot exclusion headers. Much of the information on the Site is updated on a regular basis and is proprietary or is licensed to Bookstore by our suppliers and other third parties. You agree not to use any device, technique, software, system or routine to interfere or attempt to interfere with, or to otherwise circumvent the proper working of this Site or any activity being conducted on this Site. You agree, further, not to use or attempt to use any engine, device, technique, software, tool, agent or other device or mechanism (including without limitation browsers, spiders, robots, scrapers, avatars or intelligent agents) to navigate, access or search this Site, other than generally available third party web browsers such as Microsoft Internet Explorer™, Google Chrome™, and Mozilla Firefox™. Additionally, you agree that you will not take any action that imposes or may impose (in the sole discretion of us or our suppliers affected by your action) an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on our infrastructure, or the bandwidth or infrastructure of the company that hosts this Site, or bypass the robot exclusion headers or other measures on this Site or on the host servers that may be used to prevent or restrict access.
4. Bookstore will not be liable for damages resulting from any failure caused by events beyond its control, by any act of God, such as a power failure, or by any other cause not within the control of Bookstore.
5. If you violate any of the terms or conditions of this Agreement, this Agreement terminates immediately without notice. Bookstore may deny access to the Site to you and anyone claiming by or through you without liability to anyone. Bookstore shall have all additional rights and remedies at law and in equity arising from such violation. Further, you agree to indemnify, defend and hold Bookstore, and its affiliates, suppliers, employees and agents harmless from all claims, actions, losses, liabilities, damages, costs and expenses (including attorneys fees) arising out of or relating to any such prohibited use of the Site. If you violate or infringe upon the rights of any third party, they have all remedies at law and in equity to enforce their rights against you to the extent applicable arising from your actions.
6. Any delay or failure to act with respect to a breach of this Agreement by you or others does not constitute a waiver and shall not limit such rights with respect to such breach or any subsequent breaches. This Agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State in which Bookstore resides. If any provision of this Agreement is held to be invalid or unenforceable, such invalidity or unenforceability shall not affect the remainder of this Agreement, which shall be given full effect without regard to the invalid portions.
7. This Agreement represents the entire agreement between you and Bookstore regarding the use of the Site.