Brock Campus Store Pride T-Shirt Design Contest
Design Rules and Guidelines
Brock University Campus Store is accepting submissions for the 2022 Pride T-Shirt Design Contest between January 17 and January 31 (11:59 p.m. EST). The winning design will be printed on t-shirts to be sold in the Brock Campus Store beginning April 1, 2022.
Pride T-Shirt Design Contest Prize
- Design will be featured as an official Brock University T–shirt, recognition on campusstore.brocku.ca and social media, and designer receives one pair of Apple AirPods as well as a $250 VISA Gift Card. The winner will also have the opportunity to select the 2SLGBTQ+ Organization that a percentage of T-Shirt proceeds will be donated to.
Design Rules and Guidelines
- Graphic should be created for a plain short sleeve t-shirt (no pockets, rips, patches, etc.) and for the front of the t-shirt only. Full front or left chest design.
- Indicate the colour of the shirt your design is for within your entry email. Options include white, grey, navy, black or red.
- Design must be wholly original. By submitting a design, you are guaranteeing that you hold original rights to everything in it, that it may be printed on distributed t-shirts, and that it does not contain any copyright material.
- Design must uphold the values of Brock University, therefore any inappropriate designs will be disqualified.
- It’s recommended to render your design in Adobe Illustrator or a similar design program (such as Procreate). Entries should include a high-resolution PNG file with a transparent background. As a follow-up, the winner will need to send over the original file and an EPS file.
- Members limited to (3) entries. Entries can be submitted by an individual or as a collaborative effort. See more on collaborative efforts below.
- Eligibility: The contest is open to current Brock University students, full-time or part-time enrollment.
- Entries become the property of Brock University Campus Store.
- Brock University Campus Store reserves the right to adjust all entries, including size and placement of the logo as well as colours of the design and the t-shirt to match University branding.
- Collaborative entries should be indicated upon entering. Recognition on campusstore.brocku.ca and social media may include each contributing member of the group submitting a collaborative entry when feasible. Should a collaborative entry win, the submitting group will be awarded one (1) pair of Apple AirPods and one (1) $250 VISA gift card. The winning group is responsible for determining how any prize will be shared within the group.
- If your design is going to include a pride flag, we would like to encourage you to consider using the Brock modified all-inclusive flag.
Submission Rules and Guidelines
- Entries must be emailed by January 31, 2022 at 11:59 p.m. to firstname.lastname@example.org
- All entry emails should have the subject line “2022 Pride T-Shirt Design Contest + Designer(s) Name”
- Include your name, mailing address, e-mail address, telephone number and Instagram handle (to be tagged if selected as a finalist). Collaborative entries should include a list of participating members noting the main contact for the group submission for communication.
How Winners Are Selected
- There will be two rounds of voting:
- Round 1: Members of the Brock University Campus Store team will select no more than 10 finalists.
- Round 2: The finalists will be presented to the Brock University community via @brockcampusstore Instagram for voting and the overall winner will be determined by a vote of the community. In the event of a tie, the Brock University Campus Store team will select the winner.
- Designs will be judged on the following criteria:
- Concept and originality.
- Ability to capture the spirit of the Brock University community.
- Completeness of design and readiness for printing.
- Feasibility of reproduction.
- Adherence to design and submission rules and guidelines.
How Winners Will Be Notified
- Winner will be notified by email at the end of the voting period, via the information provided during entry. At the sole discretion of Brock University Campus Store, disqualification, forfeiture and the selection of an alternate winner may result from any of the following:
- Winner's failure to respond to notification within three (3) business days after its transmission.
- The return of an email notification as undeliverable after three (3) attempts.
- Winner's failure to provide original design files.
Upon contacting a winner and determining that they have met all eligibility requirements of the contest, such individual will be declared a "winner" of the contest via social media, e-newsletter and on campusstore.brocku.ca.
- To release the rights to your design to Brock University Campus Store for the use of the t-shirt and other promotional items, including, but not limited to: the Campus Store website, social media and marketing materials.
- That Brock University Campus Store reserves the right to make adjustments to the winning designs.
- To abide by all contest rules, agreements and guidelines.
Deadlines and Important Dates
- January 17 - Contest begins
- January 31 - SUBMISSION DEADLINE
- February 2 to February 8 - Instagram voting
- February 10 - Winner announced
- April 1, 2022 - T-shirt release
If you have any questions regarding contest rules, please email email@example.com